Flexibility is the new norm.
Australian businesses are increasingly looking towards flexible work solutions to alleviate the growing pressure of rising operating costs, staff shortages and the shift to remote work.
No longer is it absolutely essential for SMEs to have a physical centralised office, with staff expected to be present from nine to five each day. Many businesses have embraced the trend towards hybrid work: according to the ABS, as of August 2021, 41 per cent of employed people regularly worked from home, up from 32 per cent in August 2019.
One positive byproduct of the COVID-19 lockdowns has been organisations recognising the benefits of taking a more flexible approach to work. Employing a remote or hybrid workforce can mean reduced rent overheads as well as increased productivity amongst a more empowered workforce.
Australian small to medium businesses that have opted to go remote are looking for flexible solutions for how to present their brands in the most professional light whilst maintaining a distributed workforce.
Hub Australia’s New Virtual Office Memberships
Hub Australia, the pioneer of flexible workspaces in Australia, has recently launched its new virtual office memberships. These memberships allow remote workforce businesses to experience the benefits of a premium inner-city address, mail forwarding, virtual receptionist and other perks that only a premium flexible coworking space can offer.
What does a Hub Australia virtual office membership include?
- Business addresses – A virtual office membership at any Hub Australia location allows you to register your business address at one or more of their iconic locations, positioning yourself close to your clients and aligning yourself with the premium quality of spaces Hub Australia has become renowned for.
- Mailing addresses and mailing service – Virtual office memberships offer the use of one or more Hub locations as your premium business mailing address, allowing you to collect mail weekly, or have it forwarded to an alternate address.
- Virtual receptionist – Build an instant local presence in an Australian city with your own local telephone number and virtual receptionist to professionally answer and forward your calls.
- Access premium workspaces as you need – Every virtual office membership offers discounts on Hub Australia’s day passes, so you can work from any of their thirteen national locations as you need, including access to meeting spaces and amenities.
- Member benefits and discounts – Hub’s virtual office membership will provide you with access to Hub Australia’s growing list of partners and perks, with exclusive discounts and trials on products and services hand-selected to help you grow your business. With savings on retail, software and business tools, your membership becomes a tool to help you succeed and save.
Here’s what a Hub Australia Virtual Office client has to say about the service
The team at strategy and innovation consultancy, Tank, shifted to remote work in March 2020, as a result of the COVID-19 lockdowns. As a small business with a reputable clientele, the consultancy wanted to maintain a professional look, and preserve the benefits of an office, but one without a physical location.
Jim Antonopoulos, Managing Director at Tank said, “We can work wherever we want. People say ‘where is your office?’ and we can say ‘our office is in Melbourne, in Canberra and in Sydney. We can also access the boardroom facilities which offers us flexibility.
“The flexibility (offered by Hub Australia’s Virtual Office service) really allows us to rethink the structure, shape and nature of our business.”
Inside Small Business readers can enjoy their first month of Virtual Office Membership free with a month-to-month plan. Mention the code ‘INSIDE SMALL BUSINESS’ when enquiring or email [email protected]